What Does Detailing Clay Remove?
Your vehicle is under constant assault from airborne pollutants. Brake dust, industrial fallout, acid rain deposits and rail dust all can adhere to your vehicle. These contaminants often contain metal particulates, which accounts for the ease with which they penetrate the clear coat to attack the paint below. These contaminants then oxidize, and they allow rust to spread beneath the clear coat. Tiny orange spots today, total paint system failure tomorrow! Detailing clay removes these contaminants in order to keep the paint healthy and vibrant.
Detailing Clay also removes stubborn sap, tar, and bug remains. Detailing clay works wonder on glass as well. Try some the next time you’re washing your windows. You’ll be amazed at the results!
How to use the Clay Mate?
after you wash car and want to use the clay product to move contaminants on car body.
Step 1: take water into spray bottle about 3/4 bottle.
Step 2: take a piece of Clay Mate to spray bottle and wait for 5-10 minutes.
Step 3: the clay mate slove with water. it is a kind of clay lubricant.
Follow these steps: (how to use with a clay prodcuts?)
1) Wash and dry your vehicle.
2) Adjust the spray bottle in a suitable amount of lubricant(The paint looks like a bead of water）.Spray a small area with clay lubricant, no bigger than 2-3 square feet.
3) Gently rub the clay bar back and forth across the wet area. It will grab at first. This means that it is pulling contaminants out of the paint. When it glides
freely, the paint is clean.
4) Wipe the area with a microfiber towel and use the clay lubricant to remove any clay residue.Rub your fingers across the paint now; it should be as smooth as glass. If it’s not, repeat the process. Reshape the clay bar as needed to expose a clean surface. Keep the clay well-lubricated.
5) Continue these steps until you’ve clayed the entire vehicle. Clay does a marvelous job on glass and chrome, too.
6) Store the clay bar in its original case if possible, or in an airtight plastic bag. Spray it with lubricant to keep it moist. Do not allow the clay to freeze and do not store it in temperatures above 200° F.
7) Always follow claying with a wax or sealant. Clay will removing existing wax and may leave tiny holes where contaminants have been removed. They must be sealed in order to protect the paint from corrosion.
Note: Detailing clay does not remove oxidized paint or fill in blemishes. If your paint is mildly oxidized, clean the paint with clay and then use a polish to remove the oxidized paint. If the oxidation is severe, polish first because the oxidized paint may flake off as you clay and ruin the clay bar.